Wednesday 9 October 2013

The November Plan, Part 4

Last week I received an e-mail from Virgin Australia informing me that my and my friends flight time from Bali had been changed from 6:00pm to 1:30pm the same day; 4.5 hours earlier. Our flight going to Bali had already been changed to 11 hours later than the original time taking away a day, so I was far from happy about this change that took away another day from our holiday.

After quickly discussing things with my friends, myself and one of the girls, Mikhala, decided to change our flight home to the following day to make up for this, while Courtney and Sami had to stick with the original plan and deal with the time change. This meant that I needed to find a place for Mikhala and I to stay for that extra night. So I was on a search for a cheap, friendly and comfortable hotel in a good location. After a bit of research and advice from fellow Bali goers, I settled on Poppies Cottages.

Poppies is a well known little hotel located in Kuta in Poppies Lane 1. Kuta is known for being very touristy, busy, noisy, smelly which it is but Poppies is known as an oasis and all this gets left behind when you walk through the gate. It's a great price of $85 per night plus tax and is in a great location with some fantastic restaurants on the doorstep and the beach just a 5 minute walk away. Mum and I enjoyed Poppies Restaurant in July (see here) which was great and had the same feel as what I hear Poppies Cottages has. I'm really looking forward to staying there, even if it's only for a night.

Image from www.poppiesbali.com

 

No comments:

Post a Comment