Friday 11 October 2013

What's in my Bali Beauty Bag

Bali is one of those placest that you really don't need to take much make up. During the day, you'll probably either sweat it off or swim it off and for nights, you only need a little bit extra for those nicer dinners you might be going out to. Over the years, I have become quite good at knowing what I do and do not need to take with me. Here are my essentials:
For day time I generally stick with concealer (for those night-before bags under your eyes), pressed powder, bronzer and waterproof mascara. I've recently started using the Benefit Hello Flawless powder that has SPF 15. You can give a light sweep of it over your face for light coverage or use a sponge for full coverage. Let's face it, when you first arrive in Bali, you don't have a tan. Sometimes I'll skip the powder and just use bronzer for a touch of something. Because I sometimes use it all over my face, I steer clear of bronzers that are full of shine and sparkle. The one I use is just from Sportsgirl. Sometimes I'll skip all of this and just use waterproof mascara, my one must have make up. The brand I use is Maybelline and I usually stock up on this when I'm in Bali because it's SO much cheaper than buying it in Australia. Now I'm a big eyebrow person and because my brows are a bit fine, I like to make sure do at least some kind of grooming. I recently bought Benefit's Gimme Brow which is waterproof. It has a mini-mascara like brush to make it quick and easy to just give your brows a bit of something extra.
For night time, I use these products as well as possibly adding Benefit's Girl Meets Pearl (yes, I love Benefit products) for a little shimmer on my cheeks, before adding bronzer. Lastly, I'll use either a bit of eyeliner or eye shadow. The eyeliner I use is a Maybelline gel liner that I bought in Bali from Matahari. Once again, so much cheaper than buying it in Australia. It comes with a great little brush that's perfect for applying it however you like it. As for eye shadow, I bought a great little kit from, yes you guessed it, Benefit. The kit, World Famous Neutrals, has a range of little eye shadows as well as a mini booklet with tips for applying them for both day and night looks.
At the end of the day, there's nothing better than wiping your skin clean, giving it a good cleanse and moisturise. For this I use cleansing wipes to get rid of all the make-up and grime, before washing my face with my beloved Sukin products. After swimming in chlorine and being in the sun all day, I love to have a good moisturising to wake up with fresh, soft skin:)

No comments:

Post a Comment