Monday 3 February 2014

Taco Beach Grill

Before my weekend trip to Bali last month, I had a serious hankering for some Mexican food. A number of people recommended I try Taco Beach Grill, located in Seminyak. After checking the reviews on Trip Advisor, I decided it was a must and luckily for us, it was located within walking distance from our hotel. We headed there for lunch one day and found it easily, with its big blue sign on the street. We were the only ones in the tiny restaurant, which we were thankful for because despite the numerous fans around, it has hot!

I was really looking forward to having lunch here; the restaurant has a reputation for fresh, authentic Mexican food with a bit of a Balinese twist and even better, they have gluten-free options, which Mum was so happy about. Everything on their menu is made in house, including their taco's (gluten free) and tortilla's. It had been recommended to me that we try their chilli poppers so Dad and I decided to split one. Now I love spicey food so I was a bit worried about this but turns out, they're not spicey at all. I wouldn't get this again simply because of the fact I do not like capsicum, and that's the flavour it had.


We also ordered a serve of guacamole, which comes with a selection of salsas and freshly cooked tortilla chips. Now I am not what you'd call a fan of avocado. In fact, I hate the stuff. But this, this guacamole I could not get enough of. It was delicious and not too avocado-ey if I can describe guacamole in such a way. The salsas were spicey, sweet, salty and the chips were perfect with a shimmer of oil still on them, so it was obvious they were fresh. The staff happily brought us more too when we ran out but still had more salsa and guacamole to get through.

I had also heard great things about their Babi Guling Tacos so I decided on that for my main, Mum ordered Vegi Taco's and Dad got a Shredded Beef Burrito. I absolutely loved my taco's. The flavours were beautiful and they were so so filling. Mum loved her veggie taco's and being the very small size that she is, was full after eating one of them. Each taco dish comes with 2 serves so it would have been great to order a few different types and have a bit of taste testing. Dad's burrito was also a massive size with a couple of sides like Spanish rice.

We left with impossibly full bellies, but man was I happy. I would definitely return. Although it was quiet at lunch, I've heard the restaurant gets very busy at night so it's best to book ahead. They also deliver for free within Seminyak!

Taco Beach Grill is located on Jalan Kunti, between Legian and Sunset Roads.

Website: www.tacobeachgrill.com

Email: info@tacobeachgrill.com

Telephone: 0361 854 6262

 

No comments:

Post a Comment