Tuesday 20 May 2014

Highlights of Travelling in Australia

I recently returned from a trip through some of Australia's Eastern states. I had eleven nights visiting family and friends in Canberra, Melbourne and lastly Tasmania. Domestic travel is definitely more expensive than going to Bali but I find such pleasure in exploring my own backyard. Australia is a beautiful country with diverse landscapes, tourist attractions and cultures and I enjoyed every moment of my explorations. Here are some highlights from my trip.

Canberra

The Telstra Tower in Canberra to see a 360 degree view of the city.


It was very windy!!

I got to spend some quality time with my best friend.



In the suburb of Manuka at a restaurant called Urban Pantry I had the best hot chocolate I've ever had and some delicious polenta chips and carrot and coriander soup. The next day, I went back with my friend for breakfast.



Melbourne

 
I explored and lost myself in the city. I loved the laneways, arcades, architecture, atmosphere, street art. Melbourne is a beautiful city.
 
 
As I always do, I ate some delicious food.
 

And summoned my inner tourist.


Tasmania

I fell in love with a new city. There's something so special about exploring a city you've never been to before.


I explored beautiful Port Arthur and immersed myself in its history.
 
 
Roadtripped back to Hobart and enjoyed the sights along the way.
 
 
Saw the most amazing view of Hobart from the top of Mount Wellington...
 
 
Where it was REALLY windy.
 
 
Visited the historic town of Richmond which felt like the English countryside
 
 
Went on a daytrip to Tasmania's Bruny Island and went on their adventure cruise where I was lucky enough to see a rare Blue Whale, seals AND dolphins as well as the beautiful rugged coastline.
 

And finally, I spent some time wandering through the city, once again enjoying the likeness to England and the beautiful autumn trees.
Oh and more food...
 

Explore your backyard everyone. It's a beautiful place.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment