Friday 12 December 2014

Lembongan Highlights

As you know, I recently got back from my first solo trip to Nusa Lembongan, Bali (see here). I absolutely loved my time over there but as all holidays do, there were definitely a few highlights.

Lembongan Island is the perfect destination if you're after an awesome Bali holiday that comes with the usual beautiful beaches, good food, stunning sunsets, lovely people and a relaxing holiday but away from the craziness that usually comes with being in Bali. Since I was there alone, I really had the opportunity to slow down and take everyday as it came which is exactly what I did.

I started off my holiday with a delicious lunch at my favourite Lembongan restaurant; The Deck. With one of the best views on the island and an awesome new addition, there was no better way to kick things off. Nothing screams "Hey, I'm on Lembongan!" than lunch with a killer view like this.

My hotel, Lembongan Reef Bungalows, shared the same beautiful view!

I hired a scooter to explore the island and its neighbour, Nusa Ceningan. There's no better way to explore Lembongan than on a scooter and with the island's quiet roads and lack of traffic, if you're comfortable on a scooter it's pretty damn safe.

I took some time out to relax at the quirky Le Pirate Beach Club on Nusa Ceningan. There is no place like it. I would love to stay here at some time but you don't have to be a hotel guest to use their facilities. Such a perfect place to be with its gorgeous infinity pool, cool vibe and good food. It was here that I met some beautiful people that I went snorkelling with the following day.

 

The snorkelling was amazing. Swimming with manta rays off the rugged coast of Nusa Penida and stunning colourful fish in the waters by the mangrove forest of Lembongan, it was not something I could miss.

 

I witnessed an absolutely stunning sunset which I was so content to enjoy by myself.

Back on the scooter, I spent a morning at The Palms, Ceningan for some more relaxation with a view. I'd really recommend visiting The Palms, particularly to those with kids. It's a bit tough to get to with the bad roads but once there, it's a great place to hang out. With its comfy and shaded days beds and pool with a stunning view (complete with inflatables for the kiddies), it's the perfect place to kill a few hours.

And lastly, I relaxed with a beautiful spa treatment at Batu Karang resort, with a slimy yet refreshing seaweed scrub and fresh ingredients facial with yoghurt, avocado and cucumber. It was the perfect way to end my trip.

I cannot recommend enough to take a few days to experience what Lembongan has to offer.

 

1 comment: