Tuesday 26 March 2013

My Bali Bucket List

I get asked quite often why I keep going back to Bali, why I don't go somewhere else. The answer is simple: there is always something else to do, something else to see, new places to explore and discover, new people to meet, new experiences to be had. Of course I would love to extend my travels to other countries but I would like to save those adventures for when I can afford to do them properly. For now, Bali satisfies my travel bug. It's a beautiful place with so much to offer, why wouldn't I keep going back?

During, and in between, my numerous trips I have been working on a Bali Bucket List; all the things I would love to do, see and experience in Bali. This list is still a work in progress: I will be updating it whenever I come across something new so if there's anything that's not on the list that you know of and believe is a must in Bali, please let me know!

  • White water rafting
  • Visit Taro elephant park and ride an elephant January, 2011
  • Visit the Safari Park June, 2011
  • Visit Waterbom Park January, 2011 and June 2011
  • Swim with dolphins February, 2012 and June 2012
  • Cooking class February, 2013
  • A bike tour July, 2013
  • Visit the rice fields - I have visited the Tegallang Rice Fields in Ubud but there are so many more throughout Bali that I would love to see
  • Visit a waterfall - once again, there are many throughout Bali
  • Climb Mount Kintimani or/and Mount Agung
  • Have a fish foot spa January, 2011
  • Visit Lembongan Island - I did this on a day trip with Bali Hai, but I would love to spend a few days at Lembongan and explore the island February, 2013
  • Scuba diving
  • Snorkelling - although I have snorkelled in Bali, I'm yet to experience snorkelling in clear blue waters with beautiful coral and fish, so it is definitely something I would do again. January, 2011
  • Sail on a traditional Balinese sailing boat
  • Visit an orphanage
  • Visit a school and volunteer
  • Visit Lombok and the Gili Islands
  • Go parasailing June, 2012
  • Go jet skiing January, 2011
  • Go banana boating January, 2011 and February, 2013
  • Visit the Bali Zoo June, 2011
  • Visit the Treetop Adventure Park June, 2011
  • Eat at some amazing restaurants - there are so so many beautiful restaurants in Bali, I think this is one thing that I'll never, truly be able to cross off my Bucket List.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment