Tuesday 3 December 2013

Yuda: Bali's Best Driver

Many people that go to Bali on a regular basis have a single driver that they've known for a while and will always call upon when they've booked a trip. In November, I was still looking for that person. Before my trip to Bali in November, I got a recommendation for a driver/guide from a fellow Bali lover. She had indeed known him for years and said they were practically family. She had only good things to say about him and the service he provided so I decided to take the recommendation and email him.

Since the first time I contacted Yuda, he service was a step above the rest. Other drivers I had used in the past didn't even compare. His service doesn't begin when he comes to pick you up, it begins from the moment you contact him to discuss what you need his services for. He gives you a call so you can properly discuss what you're after and gives logical advice and great suggestions or alternatives. And his service doesn't end when he drops you off at your hotel or the airport. I have received countless phone calls, text messages and emails from Yuda to confirm our booking, wishing us a safe flight to Bali or home again, telling us to be careful in the rain, wishing us a good time on one of our tourist activities (whether he organised it for us or not), a get well if someone has been ill or injured even Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and Valentines emails. Every time he gets a new client from my recommendation, he emails to say thank you. I have used him many more times since November when I first met him as well as passed on his details to other travellers who have also sung his praises. It's not just his service that makes him special, he himself is special. He has such an amazing zest for life and enthusiasm for what he does that just makes you smile. Along with great English, he is knowledgeable and seems to have a great answer for every question he gets asked, whether it be about Balinese history, religion, education, politics. He knows it all. He's been known to surprise people at the airport (he called me during my trip to find out when my parents were arriving so he could surprise them), sing in the car, give medical advice if someone gets sick and he always has a smile on his face. If I were to run into trouble in Bali, he would be the first person I'd call and I have no doubt that he would come through and do everything he possibly could to help. Since I've started using him, there is no way I could ever use another driver or guide. I truly believe that Yuda is the best and I highly recommend him.

Yuda's services do come at a higher price than other drivers but considering how much more he puts into his work, it's worth every extra penny. With the price, you get him as a guide, a seperate driver (Yuda likes to let them concentrate on the road while he does all the talking), cold towels, drinks, snacks and get to be in the comfort of a new and very clean car.

I think you know you've found your guy when you get excited about going back to Bali just to see them and find excuses to use the services when it's not necessary.

Contact him here:

Email: askyuda@yahoo.com

Phone: M. +62 813 3864 1400

Ph. +62 361 858 1100

 

No comments:

Post a Comment