Monday 16 December 2013

Poppies Cottages: A Tranquil Oasis in the Middle of Crazy Kuta

I had a one night stay at the end of my most recent trip at Poppies Cottages. How I wish it was longer. I've always been apprehensive about staying in Kuta simply because it's not my scene; I'm not a party person, I like my quietness when relaxing at a hotel and being able to cross a road without too much trouble. After reading lots of reviews of Trip Advisor and getting recommendations from fellow travellers, I settled on the hotel for the last night of my holiday. Getting to the hotel wasn't the easiest. As it's located down a laneway (Poppies Lane 1) and we were coming from Legian/Seminyak area, the taxi driver stopped on Legian Road and we had to wheel our luggage down the laneway, trying to keep out of the way of scooters while also going around other people that had stopped to look in the market stalls along the way. As soon as we walked through the gates of the hotel, the craziness of Kuta fell away behind us. The property was beautiful. The cottages were scattered throughout the grounds, which are surprisingly big and spacious for the location, and the gardens were beautiful. At reception, check-in was quick and even though we arrived a little while before the designated check-in time, we were able to get straight into our room. Poppies Cottages, being an older establishment, certainly has the Old Bali Charm, but it's oh so welcoming. We followed a winding footpath to our room: Cottage 21. The room, although dark, was gorgeous. 2 comfy beds, a TV, DVD player and stero system. From the comfort of our room, the noise from any traffic could not be heard. It felt so serenely quiet.

The lovely semi-outdoor bathroom was the perfect size, with a sunken shower/bathtub and a nice little garden to admire while doing your business. My friend and I were both so happy with the cottage.

The pool was also just perfect; a lovely lagoon style with plenty of pool lounges scattered around. It was a beautiful spot to lay and relax.

I would definitely stay at Poppies Cottages again and reccomend it to anyone looking for a great little boutique hotel with everything on the doorstep, but feels like miles away. Have a look at their website here and possibly make a booking for your next Bali holiday.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment