Monday 19 August 2013

Photo of the Week: Fresh off the grill

One of my favourite things to do in Sanur is to go down to the beach in the evening and order myself a grilled corn cob. The beach in Sanur tends to come alive with locals after 5:00pm. They can be found enjoying the water with the friends and family, enjoying some food and setting up little grills on the sand to cook corn cobs and satay sticks. I'm yet to try the satay sticks, but the corn cobs are delicious. They cost 5,000 Rupiah (about 50-60 cents) each and are cooked to order. You have a choice of 3 pastes to go on top; salty butter, sweet butter and spicy. I always get all 3 and together they create such an amazing flavour. Beware though, the spicy is spicy!! I always ask only for a little bit even though I love spicy food. If you're in Sanur, make sure you get yourself one of these corn cobs.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment