Friday 6 September 2013

The November Plan, Part 1: Raven's Nest Villa, Sanur

In November, my friends and I will be spending our first 3 nights in Sanur. Our original plan was to stay at Kejora Villa's in a 3 bedroom pool villa. Our deposit was paid and I was very excited to be staying here until our flight was changed from 7:00am to a 6:00pm meaning we wouldn't be arriving until about 10:00pm. I wasn't happy as it meant we were missing out on a whole day of our holiday. I decided to seek accommodation elsewhere in Sanur because I didn't want myself or my friends paying $300 per night between us when we would barely be able to enjoy it. The manager at Kejora Villa's understood our predicament but unfortunately was only able to offer us a refund or we would have to keep the booking as is.

I got in touch with a well known Austalian Expat and Balinese business owner, Bloody Ron, who owns the Raven's Nest Villa and was very happy when he informed me that the villa was available for our required dates. I ran the idea past my friends and they responded with the typical "Whatever you think is best." So I got the refund from Kejora and paid for the Raven's Nest instead.

The Raven's Nest is a 3 bedroom (2 x double rooms, 1 x twin) villa with a private pool located in central Sanur at the street entrance of the Griya Santrian and Villa Shanti. This is the area of Sanur that I know best and feel most comfortable with as well as being the location of some of my favourite restaurants. I chose it for our accommodation because of its location, it's very reasonable price ($180 AUS per night) and what it offers for the price. Being a group of 4 girls, I wanted a place where we could have our privacy and not risk having rooms far apart from each as we might have in a hotel. We are not a rowdy group of girls at all but we certainly can get a bit silly together which could easily disturb others. For what we needed, a villa was the way to go. I'm definitely looking forward to staying at the Raven's Nest and having my first villa experience.

Images from www.sanurbeachvillasgroup.com

 

No comments:

Post a Comment