Friday 27 September 2013

The November Plan, Part 3: Villa Coco

For the last leg of my girl's trip this coming November (see here and here for the first 2 parts), I had decided on 4 nights in Legian. This would give us a chance to do our shopping, enjoy some sunsets, visit Waterbom Park and get to the clubs if we felt like a night out. I wasn't very familiar with the Legian area when I was planning the trip so finding appropriate accommodation was a bit tricky. I was after a villa; 2 bedrooms with a private pool. There are a few horror stories of people staying in villa's that have been broken into so security was a must and I felt more at ease with the idea of being in a villa complex. This way, we'd have the security, staff on hand all the time and other guests to mingle with if we didn't want to be tucked away by our own private pool.

After a bit of research, I came across Villa Coco. It is situated down a lane way just off Jalan Double 6 in Legian which is an area I'm quite familiar with now thanks to my recent stay at The Pearl which is just a few minutes walk away. It ticked all my boxes; it had plenty within walking distance, including the beach, is a villa complex with a range of different accommodation choices such as 1 and 2 bedroom garden bungalows, studio rooms, 1 bedroom, 2 bedroom and a 4 bedroom pool villa as well as having a communal pool and mostly importantly, they're very reasonably priced. We are booked in for a 2 bedroom pool villa and the manager was quick to agree to putting in 2 extra beds so none of us have to share. The 2 bedroom villa's look fantastic with semi-outdoor bathrooms, good sized pools and a very comfortable lounge area. The reviews on Trip Advisor have been constantly positive.

While I was in Bali in July, I managed to have a sneak peak at a couple of the 2 bedroom pool villas and they look exactly like the photos on the website. I was very impressed with how great they looked. I'm so excited to stay here!!

Images from www.villacoco.com

 

No comments:

Post a Comment