Monday 6 January 2014

Beji Ubud Resort

My Bali trip in November marked the first time I stayed in Ubud. I was looking forward to experiencing a new area of Bali, but finding the right hotel was hard because I did not know the area. I did a lot of research, read a lot of reviews, asked a lot of people for recommendations, but it was still hard when I didn't know the restaurants or the streets they mentioned. I decided to take a bit of a stab in the dark, and booked the Beji based on one fellow travellers recommendation. It looked lovely with its five pools and gorgeous valley rooms, but it was quite a way out of town. I felt that this would be ok because I had heard that the traffic in central Ubud gets very very busy and the hotel provided a shuttle bus a few times throughout the day.

I spent the months leading up to my stay reading and rereading reviews, admiring photos and researching the surrounding area. I was really looking forward to it and it did not disappoint. My friends and I were absolutely stoked with the hotel. The view was incredible and lush, the pools were stunning and our rooms were just perfect; spacious, comfy beds, a huge bathroom with seperate shower and bath.

Throughout our stay, we always found the staff so helpful. When we wanted to watch movies on a rainy day, they were prompt to bring us a DVD player. When they TV wasn't working, they quickly arrived to fix it before taking it away and replacing it with another one. When we wanted to go to a particular restaurant for dinner, the receptionists were happy to book us in and organise transfers. I think the only let down, if you can even call it that, was the breakfast. It was slightly limited (not something that bothers me personally) and lids were kept off some of the buffet trays, resulting in cold food.

All in all, we found it to be a great, value for money hotel and although it is a bit far from central Ubud, there was still plenty within walking distance, including the spa Bali Botanica and popular Warung Naughty Nuri's.

Unfortunately, due to the weather, we couldn't enjoy the hotel or explore the immediate area as much as I would have liked to, but I look forward to doing that when I return next time. Click here to check out their website.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment