Saturday 4 January 2014

Jadi Home Cafe

As I'm sure you all know, one of my favourite things about going to Bali is getting to eat so much delicious food!! Mmmmm, my mouth just waters thinking about it.

When I was in Bali in July, my mum and I got a reccomendation from some fellow travellers to try out a bit of a hidden gem. It's truly one of those places you would not know about unless you were told. The place was Jadi's Home Cafe. At the time, we were staying at the Pearl Hotel and Jadi's Home Cafe is conveniently located down the same laneway. If I were to describe Jadi's in one word, it would be authentic. The restaurant is literally a cafe in the owner's, Srie, and only cook, own home which is beautifully rustic with an open kitchen so you can smell the amazing aromas and chat with her while she cooks. What makes it so special is that she cooks with such love and passion. I had the pleasure of talking to her while she cooked our meal and she told us of how she loved to cook food from her home of Borneo. All the dishes are prepared freshly with ingredients she herself has bought from the local markets that very day.

Mum and I, being the rendang lovers we are, went in and ordered our beef rendang dishes the day before. I would recommend doing this because then Srie knows what to get from the markets and can start cooking before you arrive, saving you a bit of waiting time. Our dishes were delicious, with bits of cinnamon, star annaise and bay leaves still being found throughout. The beef, having been cooked for hours, was beautifully tender. I cannot wait to return this month and try some of her other dishes. I've heard her lime chilli chicken, salt and pepper prawns and Borneo fish are amazing so I'll let you know when I've tried them:)

Jadi's Home Cafe is located in a lane way off Double Six in Legian. Look out for the sign for the Pearl Hotel and restaurant; Jadi's is located in the same lane way.

 

3 comments:

  1. That place sounds fabulous! Which town in Bali is it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nicole, I've just added that info in at the bottom of the post:)
      Anna

      Delete
  2. What's up, I read your new stuff daily. Your story-telling
    style is awesome, keep up the good work!

    My web site making Extra money at home

    ReplyDelete