Thursday 9 January 2014

The Art Cafe, Sanur

The Art Cafe has recently become one of my favourite restaurants to go to in Sanur. Not too long ago, they opened up a new premises in North Sanur opposite the Besakih Hotel. I had never visited their old premises, having been in South Sanur opposite the Mercure Hotel, but from what I understand they altered their menu to fit in with their new restaurant. They offer a huge range of dishes from Indonesian like Nasi Goreng, to curries, to Western dishes which all are beautifully presented and delicious. In my experiences at the restaurant, the service is great and the prices, in my opinion, are extremely reasonable.

Photos above: snapper rolled in bacon, Nasi Campur, stuffed chicken with mushroom sauce and tarragon chicken.

Photos below: Chocolate Melted cake and Creme Brulee.

I've loved the dishes I've tried there, but none more so than their incredible Melted Chocolate Cake. Oh my, it is simply divine. They are cooked fresh to order which means about a 15 minute wait, but trust me, the wait is necessary to allow your stomach to digest your dinner a bit more and make room for this mouthwatering dessert. It comes out steaming hot, presented with caramelised banana and a scoop of ice cream. Each time I've dug my spoon into the cake, the sauce inside has just oozed out. In all the times I've eaten it, not once has it disappointed me. I've always left with an impossibly full stomach but with a huge smile on my face. If you're in the area, please do yourself a favour and visit this lovely restaurant. They also offer take-away.

Click here to visit their website.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment